Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The River

There are too many waterfalls here, too many rocks in the river
and too many years have passed.
There was a time when you made my heart bleed
and oh, how I loved you and wanted you.
Not so long ago I kissed you good-bye.
You waited, you say. 
Still waiting, I know.
I long ago tired of all of your rules
I’d lost the match, had enough of your schemes
My chess men have been pulled from the now empty board
Each lured into playing another man’s game
You can’t understand why I’ve left you
and still don’t believe that I’ve gone
I turn away from the jagged rocks in the water
And when my anchor drops, past the chaos
I furtively sneak a quick look behind
It’s you I see in the distance
still watching,
still waiting for me.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Very nice. More, more...