Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation - OVER

It was a great week of vacation.  For the most part, the weather cooperated and I enjoyed myself so much.  Nice break!  My last vacation was in November, so this was a much needed respite.  I spent a lot of time in the pool and have a nasty burn to prove it.  Dana and I went to Hodag as always, stayed at the cottage, and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.  The only bummer was that my convertible's window is now stuck in the "down" position and I'm certain it's going to be ridiculously expensive to fix it.  It's at the shop now, and they'll call me Monday with the damages.  
Chalk fest was a blast, not happy with my piece this year but had fun doing it anyway.  My whole body is sore from chalking.  Balloon fest was a bust since we have 25 mph winds that have prevailed the entire weekend.  Julie and her kids came over twice this weekend and had a blast in the pool - so nice that our kids get along so well.  We played cards, drank wine, and just had a great weekend.....very low key.
One more week and the kids head up to Scout camp.  I hope the weather is great for their adventures.
I have a huge assignment to finish today for class, and as I said, it's back to the grind.....so that's it for the update today!

No comments: