Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday - not FunDay

There are days when it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. You know the kind.
Spilled her coffee, broke her shoelace.....smeared the lipstick on her face.....she left a note and said I'm sorry, I......had a bad day again.....
Ah, Fuel. But, I digress.
I seem to be a bit of an emotional wreck these days, on a rollercoaster that just won't stop. After being comfortably unhappy for so long, it's hard for me now to be......oh, I don't know.....someone who gives a shit. Because good grief, now I worry about everything. 
Some days I find myself missing my dad so much. I wish he was here to talk to, to run things past. I wish he could whisk in and take over, helping the boys with their homework and unloading the dishwasher. I wish I could have had just one more year, one more chance to learn all I could from him, because he was always so wise, and always seemed to have the answers. Now, all I have is my memories.
I really did have a great weekend, but now the work week starts anew, the running begins, the hectic schedule, the getting up at 6AM. Sometimes I just feel as though the work never ends.

1 comment:

Beth Up North said...

Losing my dog of 12 years has wreaked me, I can't even comprehend how you have made it after losing your beloved father of your whole life. You are truly blessed to have had him in your life, which is absolutely no consolation. Hang in there dear, the roller coaster keeps going whether we want it to or not. You are amazing!