Saturday, April 12, 2008

Arts Alive


P4110002
Originally uploaded by shereenflynn

The girls and I at Arts Alive 2008. From left - me, Ann, Tabby, and Kathy. It was Ann's 40th birthday, so Kathy drove up from Rhinelader. We had a great time!

Arts Alive is an annual fundraiser for Aspirus Hospice - a cause near and dear to my heart, especially after my father's experience last year. I have been on their advisory board for three years, helping to plan this event that honors the life of the late Kathy Ferris, an old friend who deserves all the honors she can possibly receive. She was an incredible woman.

The event includes a three hour auction/cocktail party that I host annually at the Jefferson Street Inn. This year we had approximately 50 pieces of art donated by regional artists. Some were offered in a silent auction, some in the live auction part of the evening. There is live music, food, and a table of specialty beer available for free, always a big hit. Typically we raise between 15 and 20 thousand dollars after expenses - this year should be no exception, with over 400 tickets sold.

Kathy came from Chicago - one of my oldest friends - and stayed to celebrate Ann's 40th birthday. She was here for the whole weekend, and we had a nice time. It was great to see her, and nice to take a break from my hectic life for a change. Thanks, Kath!

No comments: