Friday, March 16, 2007

March 16th



Today would have been my father's 78th birthday.
I can't stop thinking about him. I think it's harder now than it was when he first passed away.....now that everything is "done". The funeral is over, the thank-you cards have been written. Now it's just supposed to be life as normal, but nothing seems normal anymore.
In an effort to combat my increasing depression, I have booked a trip to Mexico for May. My best friend Dana and I have talked about going for 10 years - and we're finally doing it. It sounds like heaven - four nights on the beach in the Riviera Maya. I plan to do nothing but plunk my butt in the sand and read....maybe do some kayaking and wind surfing. I think that it can only help, right? I'm attaching some photos from the website of the resort we have booked.

No comments: